Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Vitamix Key Lime Kiwi Smoothie

I made this smoothie sometime back in December. It's long overdue for posting.

I've been trying to get through all the smoothies in my Vitamix book. It will probably take forever. But I'm sticking to it.

So key lime kiwi.... Makes you think of Key Lime Pie right? I've had one other smoothie that had prominent kiwi in it. It's not a go to fruit for me when it comes to smoothies..I'm not sure why. It adds a really sweet sour to smoothies that's pretty good.

This one had 1/4 cup of water, 1/2 lime, 2 ripe kiwis (peeled- I usually don't peel them through) , 1 large ripe pear, 1 tablespoon of honey, and a cup of ice. Blend and it's ready.

I used yellow kiwis which aren't as sour as regular green kiwi's, so it took off some of the bite a kiwi smoothie can have. It was still a little sour from the lime, but in a really balanced way. 


I really liked it. I don't know it  makes my favorite smoothie list or one that I would go out of my way to make again, but if I happened to have all the ingredients I might make it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment