Sunday, December 17, 2017

Samples Review: Calvin Klein Obssessed, MAC Cleanse Off Oil, MAC Lady Danger Perfume

I finally caught up on Walking Dead. And I'm ready for the next season. So no more Walking Dead distraction . Back to makeup and blogging. And speaking of makeup, is anyone as disappointed in the Fenty makeup line as me? We we were all hype in September when she came out with so many brown girl shades, from the jump. Only to have them completely out of stock for the next four months. Meanwhile she's come out with a lipstick and an eyeshadow palette. But no restocking of any the of shade that would match me. So now I don't even want the foundation. And that makes me kinda sad. 


1. Calvin Klein Obsessed- I didn't have much hope since I was already against the name of the fragrance. It's only the most over used word in the beauty industry. But since it was free I gave it a chance. And I don't like it. It's supposed to be an Oriental Aromatic Green. It just smells strong and icky. The notes are supposed to be Lavender, Sage, Neroli, Citrus, Elemi, Violet Leaf, Musk, Helvetolide, and Ambrette Muscenone. A lot of those scent notes I don't know. But...ick.

2. MAC Cleanse Off Oil- I usually sick to good oil coconut oil and face wash and that does the trick. But I do really like this. It's an oil-but it foams up. And it actually really helps remove hard to get off waterproof mascara. It has a nice light citrus scent that was pretty nice too! But I don't think I would go out of my way to spend $32 on a mere 5 oz. Nice, but overpriced!

3. MAC Lady Danger Perfume- I tried the Candy Yum Yum and didn't like that. I had read in a review that almost all the the MAC fragrances made after the lipsticks don't really smell that good. And if I'm basing it on the scent of this one and Candy Yum Yum, that's true. It smells masculine. Kind of a little sandalwood. Maybe some citrus. It smells nothing like I would imagine something that matches the lipstick would smell like. 

So two perfumes I don't like. And a makeup remover that was pretty good but overpriced. 


No comments:

Post a Comment