Saturday, December 30, 2017

Bedu Sandalwood And Saffron Camel Milk Soap


I think Camel Milk soap is becoming kind of "normal" to me now. I was so hype to try it out. I still like it. It just doesn't hold the same thrill it had in the beginning when it was brand new to me. Or more likely I just haven't come across one where the scent captivated me like the Evening Primrose and Vetiver one. I picked this one up because it was still on sale. I think I picked all the ones up at my local store except the lemongrass.

Bedu claims:
Camel milk is saturated with protective proteins beneficial for skin and is a superb natural cleanser. By virtue of the high amount of proteins, it is most effective in reducing inflammation and speeding recovery of skin conditions such as acne, eczema and psoriasis, and well as accelerated wound healing and reduced inflammation.
Camel Milk contains age defying Alpha and Beta Hydroxy acids (known to plump skin and smooth fine lines). It naturally keeps the skin moisturized and prevents sign of aging, sun damage and pigmentation, with its gentle exfoliating and lightening effect. Rich in Vitamin C, (a natural anti-oxidant) it increases collagen production and improves skin resiliency.
High in vitamin E and Vitamin A, which stimulates cell turnover, Camel Milk protects the skin against pollution and cell mutation that can be caused by sun exposure.
It is a natural source of Essential Fatty Acid Linoleic (known for moisture retention), and deeply moisturizing lanolin, which provides a calming and soothing effect on the skin and is beneficial for all skin types–even the most delicate and youngest skin.
Sandalwood is skin softeningantiseptic, anti-inflammatory
Saffron improves skin tone, bringing radiance to dull to skin, as well as youthfulness and nourishment to prematurely ageing skin. It's an excellent treatment for blemishes and dark circles. Its anti-bacterial properties stimulate blood circulation, thus giving freshness to the skin. It is ideal for curing acne and wonderful for brightening the complexion. It also helps to repair dry skin and enhances skin texture.
Shea Butter is a natural Vitamin A cream, and a superb moisturizer with exceptional healing properties for the skin. The concentration of natural vitamins and fatty acids in Shea butter makes it incredibly nourishing.

So this particular one is sandalwood and saffron. I've had a couple sandalwood soaps now. Most of them I don't like. Except for one. And this is not that one. In my head I love the scent of sandalwood, and I might even like the first sniff, but I tend to just grow to hate it. Or...not hate, but very strongly dislike. That's what happened with this soap. I don't like the sandalwood scent. And I'm not sure wha the saffron contributes to scent, because I don't think I've ever sniffed Saffron. 

Other than the scent, the soap is fine. It's not too drying. Although it's kind of dry and color and that's taking a toll on my skin. It's still not as dry as some soaps make my skin.

It lathers nicely. Has a little bit of scrubby action if you use the bar directly on your skin. Cleans well, rinses cleanly.

It might be excellent for the skin, but since I'm  not a big fan of the scent, I would pick the evening primrose and vetiver over this one. It is definitely my favorite of the different camel milk soaps I have tried. 

They are made in Jordan of all natural ingredients. Which is what I like to see. 

Ingredients:
 Sodium Palmate (Saponified Palm Oil), Sodium Palm Kernelate (Saponified Palm Kernel Oil), Water (Aqua), Sodium Shea Butterate (Saponified Shea Butter Oil), Parfum (Fragrance), Camelus Dromedarius Lait Powder (Camel Milk), Sodium Chloride (Salt), Glycerin (Vegetable Glycerin), Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Powder, Crocus Sativus (Saffron) Flower, Capsicum Annuum (Paprika) Extract (Plant Based Pigment), Bixa Orellana (Annatto) Powder Organic (Plant Based Pigment), Citric Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E).

Have you tried any camel milk soaps? Would you try them?

I have one more...which is the turmeric and honey. I should be reviewing that soon so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment