Thursday, December 7, 2017

Aura Cacia Nurturing Sweet Almond Oil Review



I normally don't do reviews for the same brand back to back. But this is my second bottle of this...and I want to review it before I forget and end up with a third bottle and no review. I basically buy this to use as a carrier oil. And I do occasionally make my own scented body oils too. 

Aura Cacia claims:
A natural source of skin-nourishing fatty acids and lipids, sweet almond oil has a rich, skin-nurturing consistency that provides a nice glide during massage. It is excellent for bath and after-shower applications, and especially appropriate for dry-skin care.

I'm not sure why but I am really drawn to Sweet Almond Oil. I guess because of the name. I've read a couple of reviews of people confused because it doesn't smell anything like almonds. It's basically non-scented. Which is how it's supposed to be. I think if you buy unrefined Almond oil it's going to have a bit of scent. But the refined stuff is a little easier to find and more shelf stable. I almost always prefer unrefined but this is fine for the purposes I use it for.

Sweet almond oil is an oil that absorbs pretty quickly. It doesn't sit on top of the skin. It just sinks right in and leaves the skin pretty nicely moisturized. 

I like to use it as a carrier for essential oils. For example when I have a headache I will take a little of this and drop in some mint essential oil. Rub it in and apply to my temples and under my nose and also on my neck. I do the same thing with Lavender but for sleep and relaxation. I also use it for body oils. It's not my favorite for that because I feel like the essential oils don't mix in as easily as it does with Jojoba. Jojoba really seems to take on the scent of whatever you put in it. But Jojoba is pricier so I stick with Sweet Almond for the most part.

It comes in a 4 oz and then a larger size- I think 12 or 16 oz. But my local Bed Bath and Beyond  quit selling that size so I kept ending up with the 4 oz. I wouldn't pay anymore than 5 dollars for the 4 oz size. 

Ingredients:
Sweet Almond Oil, Vitamin E

Overall, it's just a carrier oil. I would buy it again. But I think next go around I will try out a new oil, such as grapeseed. Maybe even Olive Oil. Perhaps even a mix. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go catch up on the Walking Dead. Yesterday was my Friday and I'm off until Wednesday. Mostly because I need to pack-but I figured I would enjoy myself too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment