Friday, November 3, 2017

Tisserand Organic Eucalyptus Essential Oil Review


I went from not using essential oils at all, to them being a must have! Eucalyptus is one of those must have oils for me. I don't think I knew much about it when I purchased it. I just wanted it to make scented Shea Butter and oils. I had no idea what it was used for or how it smelled. I bought it at TJ Maxx for $5.99. I have no idea how much the oil would normally cost, or even where they are sold. I have never seen this brand in stores!

Tisserand claims:
Extracted from gargantuan Australian trees spanning skywards for up to 100 meters, Eucalyptus essential oil is used in a plethora of modern treatments, for everything from a common cold to reviving tired muscles.
Eucalyptus proved a valuable traditional remedy to the native people of Australia who soaked the leaves in boiling water to release a powerful vapour that helps clear chest conditions and coughs.
Used in massage Eucalyptus can boost the circulation and warm cold hands and feet. The perfect remedy for the stresses and strains of the colder seasons.

Eucalyptus Globulus 

So Eucalyptus is a must have oil for me. I haven't been sick in over a year but when I did catch a little cold this is one that cleared my airways right up. You know when your stopped up and can't breathe through your nose? So your forced to breathe through your mouth and your mouth gets all dry and then it hurt to close you mouth and swallow and you basically feel miserable? Not with this oil. I just dabbed some on my nose and went about my day. I advise diluting it in some carrier oil though or else you can get a chemical burn. Which is not cute. Trust me, I know!

It can also be helpful to diffuse it in a diffuser at night to help keep your airways clear as you sleep. Of some people boil some water and put it in a large bowl and add a couple drops. You cover your head with a towel and inhale. I haven't tried it, but I imagine it can really help.

Another one of my favorite ways to use it is to dilute in some carrier oil and massage it into any areas of pain. Really massage it until your skin gets warm. And relief is guaranteed. Or at least it has been for me. I sometimes use it on my neck, since the chairs at work are terrible and sometimes my neck can hurt a bit. This takes care of it. It could also help with sore muscles from working out. My favorite carrier oil for pain relief is castor oil.

It has a strong,, woodsy, herbal medicinal scent. I like the scent. Especially mixed with some Lavender or Grapefruit. It would probably mix really well with orange and anything citrusy actually! And of course, you can always do the stress relieving blend of Eucalyptus Mint. Or Rosemary- which is an oil I have so I might try to make a blend with that and see how I like it. 

It comes in your typical essential oil packaging. And you get a decent amount at 9 ml. 

As always, do lot of research before you use essential oils. Eucalyptus is not safe around children (it can cause respiratory issues), and always use caution if pregnant, or taking any medications or if you have any medical conditions!

I love this oil! And this brand has been good to me. Also, it has lasted a long time. I have a half a bottle left now and I'm pretty sure that I will have it for quite a awhile longer, which is good because I don't want to be without it!


SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment