Monday, November 6, 2017

Lavender Bath Tea: Best Lavender Bath Ever!



I love, love, love bath stuff. For awhile I was into Bath Bombs (from Lush), tried a couple of bubble bars, lately I've really been into bath salts. But what about bath tea?  I've heard of it, but quickly dismissed it. It sounds extra boring. How can a couple of dried flowers scent up a whole bathtub of water?

I kind of stumbled on it accidentally. I ordered a bunch of dried Lavender on Amazon. I had wanted it for months. For what? I have no idea. I tried making some Lavender Tea. Some Lavender lemonade. I stopped using it as a flavor, only because I wasn't sure if it was actually food grade. 

It sure does smell good though. And I want to use it for something rather than just opening up the bag every now and again. I've heard you can make Lavender pillows out of it. Which sounds like an amazing thing to make. And one day I just might. 

Anyway, one day I was lost in the wonderful world of youtube when I stumbled on a couple vids for making your own bath salts. The next video was DIY bath tea. The video had a bunch of ingredients I don't have, and don't feel like purchasing. So I decided to just use plain old Lavender.

I put a TON in a sachet. Maybe about two cups. I ran it under the water...then threw the whole thing in the bath, making sure to squeeze it periodically  to get all the heavenly scented Lavender  scent out. It actually made the whole bathroom smell wonderful. Who knew?

And then I went to bath heaven. I seriously did not not want to get out. I kept running more hot water to stay in longer. 

I think it was one of these best baths I've ever taken. I think next time I might try and add some oatmeal that's been run through the blender next time. 

In the meantime I've been hanging the little sachet to dry. It still smells amazing. I don't think it will yield a whole other bath-but I might try it anyway. 

Have you ever taken a "bath tea" bath? 

No comments:

Post a Comment