Sunday, October 8, 2017

Wet N Wild Color Icon Lipliner in Chestnut Review


I need to do more actual makeup reviews. I have the makeup and most of my opinions are formed...it's just the taking pictures and sitting down to actually write the review. I need to work on that. So I'll start with a Wet N Wild lip liner. I finally finished up the Fashion Fair liners I've had forever, and I was in need of some new liner. I kind of wanted to try the MAC liners. But...I just really didn't want to pay the $16 or so dollars. So I decided to try out the Wet N Wild liners. 

Wet N Wild claims:
unset and line! We don’t have a 30+ year cult following on these babies for nothing! We smile sheepishly every time we hear compliments for these guys. And let us just tell you, we’re smiling a lot! This rich, creamy formula glides on silky-smooth and makes sure your lip color doesn’t bleed so you’ll always have a well-defined pout. Makeup artists love to use this as a lipstick, applying it all over the lips. They last longer and make sure you’re not rocking that early 90s two-toned lip! As a matter of fact, Deborah Larsen, who previously worked as the Makeup Artist on the set of CW's Valentine, loves using wet n wild! "I am a huge fan of wet n wild. I love the whole line. My favorite product is the Lip liner in Brandy Wine" says Larsen.

Made in China

So...30 years. That's a long time. I didn't know these liners were that popular. Most people rave over the eyeshadows...or the lipsticks. I don't think I've ever heard anyone rave over the liners. But.....they should! 

I bought this one..and the Fab Fuchsia (review coming later on sometimes, I barely use that one because Chestnut is my go with everything go-to!).

So..basically these liners last all day, they prevent my color from bleeding (when I've blotted appropriately), and they make colors that would otherwise look clownish on me...look pretty good. Many times it will outlast my lip color. 

It's smooth, and easy to apply. I usually apply it over my lip color as apposed to before. 

Also..it's the perfect color. Not what I picture when I think of Chestnut. It's a rosy brown. Very rosy. And it blends in perfectly with most colors I use it with. 

And it's dirt cheap. 99 cents. Sometimes it goes on sale and then it's even cheaper. 

I can definitely see why it has been around 30 years.

Here I am wearing it with NARS Cruella. Which I wasn't a fan of until I paired it with this liner. Also ignore the bags. I didn't get much sleep last night! 

Ingredients:
Beeswax/Cire d'abeille, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de carnauba, Petrolatum, Ceresin, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, [+/- (MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR): Mica, Iron Oxides/CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, Titanium Dioxide/CI 77891, Red 40 Lake/CI 16035, Red 7 Lake/CI 15850, Red 6 Lake/CI 15850, Yellow 5 Lake/CI 19140, Manganese Violet/CI 77742, Blue 1 Lake/CI 42090]

So to conclude, I love it. It's a favorite. It's worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment