Saturday, October 21, 2017

Alaffia Everyday Coconut Face Wash For All Skin Types Review


Happy Saturday! I hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday. I know I am. I was out earlier and the weather is back to being nice. Wihich is wonderful after the cold and windy week we had last week. I thought fall might have officially made its appearance. But then it made a disappearance, which is fine with me. Anyway, I'm back with another face wash review. This time from the brand Alaffia....

Alaffia claims:
Our face wash, with Certified Fair Trade virgin coconut oil, gently cleanses while maintaining your skin's moisture level. It removes eye makeup, impurities, and environmental pollutants, leaving skin smooth and fresh. For EveryDay use on all skin types.
Ingredients: Azadirachta indica (Neem) Leaf* Aqueous Extract, Carica papaya (Papaya) Leaf Aqueous Extract, Decyl Glucoside, Saponified Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Glycerin, Aromatic Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Extract, Lavandula hybrida (Lavender) Oil. *Certified Fair Trade by IMO
I paid about $5 or 6 dollars for it. It's kind of hard to find a face wash that is completely natural and not in bar form.  I was pretty faithful to bar soaps for awhile but I figured I would review some liquid varieties. Not every one is a fan of bar soaps. And I get it, they can be messy and a little hard to travel with.

So, too start it's ethical, it's fair trade, handcrafted, no synthetic fragrance, vegan, no animal testing, gluten free, paraben free, and biodegradable. Per the bottle, it also fights poverty because they help conduct empowerment projects in Togo, West Africa. Since 2006, Alaffia  has distributed 7,100 bikes to students, built 1,855 benches, funded 4,170 births, planted 53,125 trees, donated 14,200 pairs of glasses , and constructed 10 schools. 

So it's a great company to support. But is it any good?


Yes! It almost has the consistency of a liquid black soap. And it smells good. It's Lavender scented. Can't go wrong with Lavender. It was much welcome after using a Tea Tree face wash for months and months. 

A little bit goes a long way. You don't even need a full pump. And it cleans pretty well. I don't have any problems with it removing my makeup at all- no waterproof makeup though!

It's not drying and after I use it, my face feels smooth, clean, and fresh. And ready for the next step. 

You get a pretty large amount. It's 12 oz. And it will last for quite awhile.

The ingredients are great! Check them out...


Ingredients:
 Azadirachta indica (Neem) Leaf* Aqueous Extract, Carica papaya (Papaya) Leaf Aqueous Extract, Decyl Glucoside, Saponified Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Glycerin, Aromatic Cocos nucifera (Coconut) Extract, Lavandula hybrida (Lavender) Oil. *Certified Fair Trade by IMO

To sum it up, it's a great basic face wash. It does what it's supposed to and it doesn't break the bank. I can't think of a single bad thing about it. So yes, I would repurchase. And yes I would recommend it. And it will be on my yearly faves I do at the end of the year. 




No comments:

Post a Comment