Sunday, August 13, 2017

Zum Tub Dragon's Blood Shea Butter Bath Salts Review

Happy Sunday! I think Sunday is my favorite day of the week..because Game of Thrones. As soon as Friday comes I'm like OK. Just gotta get through to Sunday at 9pm. I don't think I've ever watched a show that makes me feel as anxious as Game of Thrones. And I'm happy I have it on HBO Go, because I pause it and shout at the TV, sometimes turn off the TV completely and say I can't possible finish the episode.... but I can't really not watch it either. So it's usually right back on in a couple seconds. I can't wait for tonights episode. I really can't. I watched last Sundays episode twice...back to back. So yeah...I'm just biding my time. And blogging in the meantime. And speaking of Game of Thrones...dragons were definitely the star of the show last week. So dragon's blood bath salt review? I'm reaching..but whatever.


Zum Bar claims:
  • A steaming bath doesn’t extinguish this dragon’s flame. Dracaena-infused natural bath salts submerge dry skin and stress. You emerge a new you.
    • 100% pure essential oils
    • All-natural ingredients

    • It's been awhile since I've reviewed anything bath related it.Remember when I was all heavy into Lush Bath Bombs? Then all the sudden I was over them. Anyway, this was a copycat purchase. I didn't even really consider buying it until I saw my sister buy it as a gift. Then I got curious. What's...Dragon's Blood? I originally thought it was a mix of essential oils. Or at least I read that somewhere. But dragon's blood is a resin much like frankincense and myrrh. 
 The way the resin looks...

Anyway, I picked this up at Wegmans for $7.99. A lot of the reason I skipped it was because I didn't know how many baths you could get out of it. I wanted something that I didn't use up in two baths. Or one time like Lush. This says you get 8-10 baths. That's alright with me.

So the first two times I used it I was pretty disappointed. I used a little over the recommended 2 tablespoons and I could smell the scent, but it was too light. The last time I used it I used closer to double the amount if not a little more. And I was much happier. I could smell it! And it smells pretty good. And sticks to your skin. 

As for the scent, it's really relaxing. It smells ...exotic. Almost peppery and powdery. It's really hard to describe. But I do really like it. 

It was relaxing. It left my skin hydrating. And if it's not just my imagination I really think it helped with some of the muscle pain I had from working out.


Almost forgot the packaging. I've never had bath salts come in a shaker type packaging. But it's cute.  And actually really practical. Just be careful of getting it wet. I don't think that would be good for the salts!

Overall, I am happy with the purchase...as long as I remember to use more than the recommended amount. I'm even happy with how many baths I get out of it. Much better than the amount I would get from Lush bath bombs. 

Another thing...I love that I can recognize all the ingredients. And I love that's it's made in the USA. 


Zum Bar for the win! Now I think I need to get my hands on the Dragon's Blood Oil body oil. I still have the frankincense one that I've been hoarding. If I ever finish it up I will definitely be getting that!

No comments:

Post a Comment