Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Tony Moly Master Lab Ceramide Moisture Care Mask Review



Mask review time! This was a lovely gift from one of my best friends Tia (thanksTia!). They have been super nice for a little skin treat pampering session each week. This particular one was one I kind of was holding off on because it has Ceramide. I had no idea what Ceramide is..or what it's supposed to do for the skin. Apparently Ceramide is a lipid molecule found in high concentration in cell membranes. It holds the skin together forming a protective layer that plumps skin and helps the skin retain moisture.  Sounds good to me. So let's get to the review!

Tony Moly claims:
Tony Moly Master Lab Ceramide Mask Sheet uses the nude seal fabric - a new material made of natural cellulose with silky soft texture and an excellent absorption & adherence function better than cotton - to closely adhere to skin and effectively deliver active ingredients to make it healthy by providing deep moisture and nourishment.

So I'll start off talking about my skin type. I have oily/combination skin. Oily in the T-Zone, dryer in the cheek area. But it's summer time so I think my cheek area is more "normal" now. 

The first thing I noticed about the mask (other than it was cold since I keep it in the refrigerator!) was the nice fresh scent. It's very, very light. But nice and pleasant and something I don't mind sitting around with on my face- because I leave them on pretty much until it dries out. I figure more contact time with the skincare serum can't hurt, right?

It was very refreshing. And pretty hydrating. A little sticky, which is why I always use them at night so that way I don't have a sticky face during the day. And also to give the "essence" time to really skin in overnight. 

Most of the hydrating masks I've tried so far have been a little too hydrating. All skin needs moisture, no matter how oily. But most of the time moisturizing masks are way too much for my skin and I get super oily the next day. I didn't notice that much with this one. So it was hydrating, but not too much.

Other than that I'm not sure I noticed too much else of a difference. I think those with dryer, dehydrated skin would benefit the most from this type of mask. 

Tony Moly masks are made in Korea. I think they are the most recognizable of the Korean skin mask brands that have become super popular in the US. And they are very easy to find now, Ulta and Amazon stock them if you are curious and want to try them for yourself.

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dipropylene glycol, MethylPropanediol, Butylene Glycol, Schizandra Chinensis Fruit Extract,Coptis Japonica Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, , Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Acorus Calamus Root Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract,Hydrated Lecithin, Ceramide NP, Cholesterol, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Panthenol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-60 Hydrogenated castor oil, Polysorbate 60, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hyaluronate, 1,2-hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Trehalose, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance.

It didn't really top the Dewey Tree Tea Tree ( I know I mention is every single face mask review-but that really was my favorite!).

Have you tried any of these mask? What was your favorite? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment