Monday, July 10, 2017

Tisserand Tea Tree Oil Review


The real stuff this time. The first Tea Tree oil I reviewed was from The Body Shop. I bought it when I was working there...and the brief amount of time I did work there I can tell you it was one of the best selling products. We were often out of it, it was just that popular..I did a review of it here if you are interested. It's pre-diluted. I prefer the 100% pure stuff myself. I can dilute it if need be or use it full strength. Like this one.

Claims:
Distilled from the leaves of the tree grown in Australia, Tea Tree is a powerful, bracing and antibacterial oil with a fresh herby aroma.
Ideal in skin care preparations to deep cleanse and improve the balance of the skin.
Blends well with EucalyptusLemon and Rosemary. Melaleuca alternifolia.

I use it (instead of something like Neosporin) on any cuts I get. I don't get cuts too often but I did get a nasty one shaving one time that refused to stop bleeding for a while. A couple dabs of Tea Tree and your cut is disinfected. It could be my imagination but I think it healed pretty quickly. It probably would have healed even faster if I mixed it with some Lavender. A must in your First Aid kits/medicine cabinet.

Tea Tree has a lot of uses. Some people use it in their own cleaning solutions. Sometimes I make a mist by mixing it with water and spritzing it around my place. It smells like "clean" to me and I like the fact that it kills germs and disinfects. I usually like to mix it with some orange oil to make it smell a little better because Tea Tree can be quite strong.

I use it (instead of something like Neosporin) on any cuts I get. I don't get cuts too often but I did get a nasty one shaving one time that refuses to stop bleeding for a while. A couple dabs of Tea Tree and your cut is disinfected. It could be my imagination but I think it healed pretty quickly. It probably would have healed even faster if I mixed it with some Lavender.

My favorite way to use it is on blemishes. I take a dab and press it in for a couple seconds. I usually do it at night and then when I wake up the spot is either gone or nearly gone. Like magic. 

It really has a million and one uses-those are just a couple of my favorite.

I bought this particular bottle from TJ Maxx (where else?). I like this brand-it happens to be organic. I don't necessarily have to use organic oils-but I don't object to them either. It's just what they happened to have and I needed a bottle so I grabbed it. I will probably end up buy-in a different brand next go round. But I did really like this brand. 

I really really love this oil. It's one of my must have oils-along with mint, lavender, and eucalyptus. 

It's not the best smelling oil-although some people love it. But it's not intolerable. 

I would recommend Tea Tree oil to any and everyone. Doesn't have to be this brand-it just has so many uses I don't see how you can not have a bottle!

No comments:

Post a Comment