Monday, July 17, 2017

NARS Outlaw Blush Review





I've been meaning to get this review up forever. I probably could have written it about a month ago. I think maybe I was just too lazy to take pics. My phone camera just doesn't pick up color like my old broken camera used to.

NARS CLAIMS:
The ultimate authority in blush, NARS offers the industry's most iconic shades for cheeks. Natural, healthy-looking color that immediately enlivens the complexion. A light application of even the highest-intensity hues delivers a natural-looking flush.
  • Silky texture in matte and shimmering shades
  • Micronized powder ensures soft, blendable application
  • Iconic NARS shades


Nars describes this as a soft rose tone with with golden shimmer. I would probably say it's a muted raspberry sorbet with golden glow. 


I don't remember when or why I bought it. Probably because I was drawn to the color in the store and bought it on impulse. It is a very, very pretty color. And it's basically got glow built right in. No highlight needed. 

I do like the color. Although it's one I have to be careful with. It's not like my favorite NARS Lovejoy which basically goes with anything. I have to really be careful what I pair with it....makeup and clothing. It's very summery..and fresh. But pair it with the wrong thing and it will have me looking crazy. I like nude-lips lips and neutral eyes with it. Anything else and I feel it looks overdone.

Ignore my brows- they haven't been acting right the entire month!

And it has that hard pan texture some of my other NARS blushes have. Which make it hard to pick up. And a little harder to blend unlike Lovejoy. For that reason I like to use it with harder, slightly scratchy brushes. Like the  MAC 129 and 116. 

The good thing about it, it lasts all day. Until I wash it off. I think it's also because it's a color I can get away with applying a little more of to make it show on my skin.


NARS blushes are made in Canada. They cost $30 for .16 ounces. In comparison MAC blushes will run $22 for .21 ounces and Urban Decay are $26 for .23 ounces. They are quite a bit more money than most blushes. Some of them are worth it, some really aren't. 

Overall, it's OK. If I ever got through the pan, I wouldn't buy it again. Especially as it's so pricey and I don't really love it. I just...like it.  But maybe $10 like it, not $30. 
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment