Monday, July 12, 2010

N.Y.C Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder

I always use liquid foundation and I've never really messed with any types of powder's so I figured I would pick this up. NYC doesn't really make any face products for the darker skinned woman but I figured the translucent ought to do it. I was just worried that it wouldn't really be translucent. They also have a pressed powder version but I always hear that the loose powder looks more natural. This stuff was pretty cheap too, I think only 2.99. I figured it would be a good intorduction into powders.

NYC say:
NYC New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder sets your makeup without looking powdery or dry. Your result: a perfect makeup application every time! Controls shine with its naturally oil-absorbing ingredients without clogging pores. The delicate sheer powder will seal your makeup application with a velvety texture.Perfect for all skin types Light texture Calendula Extract to soften your skin and allow it to breathe freely without clogging pores. Oat flower to soothe skin. Rice starch to absorb oil

So it doesn't look cakey, it doesn't clog my pores, it soaks up oil and all that good stuff. The problem I had was trying to figure out how to make it blend into my face without looking like baby powder on my face. It IS translucent though it just took me awhile to figure out how to use it. I don't use the little pink sponge it came with because that just didn't work for me. I take a big powder brush and grab some of the powder, shake off the excess, dot it on each area of my face, then blend. A buffing brush would come in handy but I don't really have one of those yet. But your makeup is set, and it DOES last longer. Now although this absorbs oil like a dream it does nothing to control it throughout the day. And the packaging although cute is pretty messy and doesn't really seem secure as it doesn't screw in.

So overall, I like it. It's a nice begginer product and it will last a looooong time. But I think next time I would like to use a brown translucent powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment